Accounting & Finance
The Department envisions excellence in business accounting and financial performance.
The objectives of the department are:
1. To provide students with knowledge and skills that will enable them to thrive in their future careers.
2. To train students who are able to prepare periodical financial statements and proper accounting system.
3. To graduate students who have integrity with high moral values and ethics.
4. To develop students’ analytical, inductive, adaptive and communication skills.
5. To prepare students for graduate and professional studies.
6. To prepare students for research
1. Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting;
2. Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance;
3. Minor in Accounting
4. Minor in Finance
5. Diploma in Accounting
In addition to meeting the University entrance requirements, a grade of C in English and C+ in Mathematics at O-level or its equivalent or passing a placement Mathematics test at Bugema University is required to pursue a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and Finance Interdepartmental Transfer Students wishing to transfer from other departments to Accounting and Finance Department for any of the courses listed above and have not met the department’s entry requirements must have an average of C in MATH 101 and MATH 102 and an average of a C+ in ENGL 101 taken in Bugema University.
Business Exposure and Application
Students registered in this department will have the opportunity to gain from the following activities:
1. Accounting and Finance practical experience;
2. Hands-on computer accounting packages;
3. Integrative skill development in cognate requirements;
4. Work education experience;
5. Seminars and workshops and other accounting and finance activities arranged by departmental club;
6. Field trips and field work