Department of Arts EducationVision
Our graduates are professional Christian teachers of exemplary character and competence.
To train professional teachers with Christian character and professional competence.
The Department of Arts Education seeks to:
1. Develop in our students proficiency and effectiveness in teaching.
2. Meet the Church and global demands for Arts teachers.
3. Develop students’ analytical skills to help them understand their world.
4. Inculcate in the students a love for research.
5. Encourage purposeful and independent professionalism among our graduates.
6. Prepare students for careers in different fields of education and life; for example, teaching, administration and and a solid foundation for further study.
7. Help students appreciate the God-given gift of cultural diversity.
Early Childhood Education
Foundation for advanced studies
The department offers the following degrees
Bachelor of Arts with Education (BA Ed), with two teaching subjects
selected from the following: Economics, Geography, History, Religious
Studies, English Language and Kiswahili.
Diploma in Education (Arts),
with two subjects selected from the following: Geography, History, Religious
studies and English Language. Business courses are unified with
those of the School of Business.