School of Theology
Preparing leaders in wide range of vocations – conflict transformation, chaplaincy, campus ministry, administration, non-profit management, social work, the teaching profession, justice advocacy, peacemaking, interfaith dialogue.
The Department of Theology and Religious Studies believes that God is the Creator and sustainer of the universe. In love, He sent Jesus Christ to atone for the sins of humanity. The same God has commissioned us to advance His work by pointing fallen human beings to the great sacrifice at Calvary in preparation for the return of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
Spurred by the approach of the climax of history, the Second Advent of Christ, we will physically, mentally, spiritually and socially strive for excellence.
To prepare ministers of the gospel for pastoral ministry for effectiveness and efficiency in teaching, preaching, leadership and personal competence within the Seventh-day Adventist Church and the world at large.
1. To equip students with the basic tools of interpreting scriptures within the historical, cultural, archeological and biblical contexts.
2. To prepare students for postgraduate studies in pastoral, theo logical, biblical and religious disciplines.
3. To promote theological education from an African perspective.
DEPARTMENT OF THEOLOGY AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- Bachelor of Theology ( BTH)
DEPARTMENT OF RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- Bachelor of Chaplaincy
- Bachelor of Development Ministry
- Bachelor of Evangelism and Church Growth
- Bachelor of Biblical Counseling