Social Works & Administration
Department of Social Works & Social Administration
The Department of Social Work and Social Administration envisions that our graduates have a profoundly positive impact in the communities and countries where they serve.
The Department of Social Work and Social Administration seeks to train social workers and administrators who excel in service to God and humanity.
1. To provide courses that will acquaint students with knowledge in the field of social work and social administration and acquire skills that will facilitate personal, social, academic and professional development in order to meet individual and societal de mands in the changing world.
2. To provide on campus work opportunities and courses which provide field experience in order to inculcate in the students a positive attitude towards work.
3. To offer introductory courses as general requirements and cognates from other fields of study so as to instill in the students an unswerving allegiance to the principles of the Christian faith and the sense of personal responsibility so that they are prepared to render useful service to God and humanity.
4. To establish supportive services and infrastructure to reinforce students’ learning including a departmental resource center
5. To carry out research, workshops, seminars and conferences that fit into development activities of the local community and the world at large.
Entry Requirements for Degree
Direct admission with at least two principal passes at A Level
Diploma from a recognized institution
Completion of Pre-degree programme with a CGPA of 2.00
A commendable score of Mature Age Entrance Examination
Entry Requirements for Diploma
Students from Uganda are required to have one principal pass at A level.
Students from Kenya are required to have an average of C (plain).
Students from other countries are required to have an equivalent level of qualification.
1. Probation Officer
3. Project Manager
4. Social Support Personnel
3. Advocacy Agent
The department of Social Work requires all students to go for educational field trip twice in the first two years. The purpose of the field trip is to equip students with first hand experience that enhances the students’ social work theoretical knowledge.
Bachelor of Social Work and Social Administration
Areas of Concentration:
Social Work and Social Administration
Social Administration and Sociology
Psychology and Counseling
Diploma in Social Work and Social Administration