The School of Education believes that a true teacher is one that is mentally, physically and spiritually sound to impart the same virtues in his/her learners making them best suited for service to God and mankind in this world and in the world to come.
To equip students with essential skills and competencies in teaching and research that will make them unique educators wherever they will be.
The School of Education seeks to:
- Train educators in the light of the Seventh day Adventist philosophy of education which places emphasis on restoring the image of God in mankind through a harmonious development of the physical, mental, spiritual and social powers.
- Impart in student teachers knowledge and skills that will make them effective and efficient teachers in various levels of education.
- Equip students with relevant knowledge and skills to enable them assume leadership roles in the educational systems and other institutions of society.
- Develop educators who will seek to identify themselves with and create a positive impact on the youth who make up a large percentage of our society.
- Prepare candidates for higher education.
The School of Education consists of the following departments:
- Department of Arts Education
- Department of Language Education