The Institute of Professional Growth is based on the belief that giving individuals opportunities to advance their careers prepares them for better service to humanity and helps them to improve their quality of life.
The Institute of Professional Growth envisions graduates whose potential has been developed to the maximum after accessing educational services equivalent to traditional programs.
To graduate professionals who will be able to compete favorably in any environment.
Objectives of the Institute
The Institute of Professional Growth seeks to:
1. Cater for individuals seeking professional and career advancement.
2. Provide quality programs that will cater for the dynamic needs of the society.
3. Cater for those individuals who cannot fit in the regular university calendar.
Courses of Study
The following courses, already offered in the regular program, can be taken under the in-service/holiday program:
Under the School of Business
• Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
Under the School of Social Sciences
• Bachelor of Arts in Development Studies
• Diploma in Development Studies (Kasese campus only)
• Bachelor of Arts in Social Work and Social Administration
Under the School of Theology and Religious Studies
• Bachelor of Theology
• Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies with Chaplaincy
• Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies with Development
• Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies with Evangelism
Under the School of Education
• Bachelor of Arts with Education (Secondary)
• Bachelor of Science with Education (Secondary)
For details of the above programs, check under the appropriate School and Department.
The following programs are only in the in-service program:
• Bachelor of Arts with Education (Primary)
• Bachelor of Science with Education (Primary)
• Diploma in Education (Primary)
• Certificate in Early Childhood Education (Elgon View Campus, Kenya and affiliated campuses)
• Certificate in Bridging ECD (Aga Khan/Madrasa)