School Mission Statement of the University
To offer excellent and distinctive wholistic Christian education designed to prepare our students through training, research and scholarship for productive levels of useful service to God and to society with uncompromising integrity, honesty and loyalty.
A self-sustaining graduate school producing skilled manpower for diverse development. Mission Statement for the Graduate School
A Seventh-day Adventist institution of higher learning providing wholistic and sustainable education through imparting quality skills to graduate students and community members for excellence in service.
Goal of the School of Graduate Studies
Provide access to post graduate studies to the community.
Guided and propelled by the general objective of backstopping Bugema University in undertaking efforts to make more meaningful contribution to the realization of the goals of national development through human resource development, the Bugema University-School of Graduate Studies trains its efforts and resources towards the achievement of the following specific objectives:
• To develop graduate students’ ability to undertake research or scholarly work in business administration, development studies, Counselling psychology, education management, public health, and international business.
• To develop highly trained human resources imbued with universal values and professionalism, work and discipline.
• To offer programs responsive to the needs of the learners and of their communities through holistic education.
• To institutionalize a system of continuing education to sustain professional growth and promote long life learning.
• To establish an education network through collaborative arrangements, institutional linkages and other appropriate mechanisms to enhance the delivery of education programs and to generate awareness of and support to Bugema University-School of Graduate Studies program.
• To foster a culture of performance excellence, accountability and stewardship consonant with Bugema University’s values, objectives, institutional identity and culture.
Professionalism and competence
Equity and fairness