The school of social sciences offers a one year post graduate Diploma in public administration and management to graduates from recognized institutions of higher learning.
Bugema University ‘s key objective is to provide sustainable high quality professional training in various fields of specialty. The University has a mandate to train the nationals (Ugandans) and International Students into relevant and skilled future Public Administration professionals who will propel the future growth and human development of their respective countries globally. It is therefore on this background that the Bugema University Graduate School introduces a Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration and Management (PGDPAM).
The rapid growth of business and increasing transformations in the global arena has led not only to an increasing demand for Public Administration Specialists but there is also an increasing demand for Public Administration technocrats who can help organizations add value to their employees and thereby bestow upon them a strong competitive advantage. Moreover, today, Public Administration is no longer considered a mere ―Support department, but key to sustained growth‖. The program will therefore address this worldwide growing demand of graduates with professional managerial capability in Public Administration, Management and Development.
The Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration and Management (PGDPAM) is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed for effective public and private sector management in a global changing environment.
- To train well rounded and effective Public Administration Managers who are able to understand and respond to the demands of community in the changing administrative environment.
- To impart Managerial knowledge and skills needed to add value to the Public Administration Function.
- To develop the Critical and analytical skills which enable students to understand policy and program formulation, implementation and evaluation, decision making and problem solving
- To prepare students for entry- level positions in managing and administration the human resources, budgeting and finical process and information systems functions of the various levels of government and a non-profit agency.
- To provide opportunities from students to develop and test empirical hypothesis, use statistical research methods and communicate results using multi-media presentation in capstone courses and internship.
- To acquaint students with the skills to enable them to act ethically and effectively in public administration and management issues.
- Standards of Public Administration
- To understand the political, legal, ethical and social context of administration with respect to pertinent process and theories
- To achieve proficiency in understanding and developing positive organizational behaviour as well as in effectively utilizing a full range of management and administration techniques
- To develop the ability to apply appropriate methodologies to solve important problems and issues. These methods include quantitative and qualitative approaches to policy analysis and to program evaluation
- To embrace sound values in the ethical management of public organization
The Official Name of the program
Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration and Management