The School of Education believes that a true teacher is one that is mentally, physically and spiritually sound to impart the same virtues in his/her learners making them best suited for service to God and mankind in this world and in the world to come.
To equip students with essential skills and competencies in teaching and research that will make them unique educators wherever they will be.
The School of Education seeks to:
- Train educators in the light of the Seventh day Adventist philosophy of education which places emphasis on restoring the image of God in mankind through a harmonious development of the physical, mental, spiritual and social powers.
- Impart in student teachers knowledge and skills that will make them effective and efficient teachers in various levels of education.
- Equip students with relevant knowledge and skills to enable them assume leadership roles in the educational systems and other institutions of society.
- Develop educators who will seek to identify themselves with and create a positive impact on the youth who make up a large percentage of our society.
- Prepare candidates for higher education.
The School of Education consists of the following departments:
• Department of Arts Education
• Department of Language Education
Programs Offered by the School of Education
The School of Education offers courses leading to the award of Bachelor of Arts with Education and Bachelor of Science with Education degrees both secondary and primary options. It also offers Diploma in Education (only in Primary option).There is no Diploma in Secondary Education. The primary education courses are found under the Institute of Professional Growth section.