SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
Dean: Dr. Samuel Adebayo Awoniyi
(Ph. D. Educational Research, Measurement & Evaluation)
The School of Education believes that a true teacher is one that is mentally, physically and spiritually sound to impart the same virtues in his/her learners making them best suited for service to God and mankind in this world and in the world to come.
To equip students with essential skills and competencies in teaching and research that will make them unique educators wherever they will be.
The School of Education seeks to:
1. Train educators in the light of the Seventh day Adventist philosophy of education, which places emphasis on restoring the image of God in mankind through a harmonious development of the physical, mental, spiritual and social powers.
2. Impart in student-teachers’ knowledge and skills that will make them effective and efficient teachers in various levels of education.
3. Equip students with relevant knowledge and skills to enable them assume leadership roles in the educational systems and other institutions of society.
4. Develop educators who will seek to identify themselves with and create a positive impact on the youth who make up a large percentage of our society.
5. Prepare candidates for higher education.
The School of Education consists of the following departments:
Department of Arts Education
Department of Language Education
Department of Science Education
Programs Offered by the School of Education
The School of Education offers programs leading to the award of Bachelor of Arts with Education and Bachelor of Science with Education degrees both secondary and primary options. It also offers Diploma in Education (only in Primary option). There is no Diploma in Secondary Education. The primary education courses are found under the Institute of Professional Growth section of this bulletin.
Each student in the School of Education must have two teaching subjects. They should check for appropriate subject combinations under each department. In addition to the teaching subjects, students are expected to do General Education and Professional Education courses; professional education courses include a research project and two sessions of school practice, each lasts for eight (8) weeks.
The following are the general education courses for ALL degree students in the School of Education:
Our Academic Partners & Collaborators
P.O.Box 6529 K'la Uganda, 32km Gayaza - Zirobwe Rd
CopyRight © Reserved